Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! With Top Memories of 2009



May this year be the best every!


And I want to share my top memories from 2009 with all of you.


Here we go!


I will start at the beginning and work my way up. I planned to have two knit classes a month and ended up doing at least four sometimes more. It was a blast! Thank you to all that joined me in this endeavor. We knit lots of flowers from the Nicki Epstein book, learned new skills like: Knit One Below (some liked it - some did not); felted clogs; various cast ons and bind offs; two-handed Fair Isle; cables with or without needle; and socks on dpns.

I learned some new skills as well, I ventured into the world of the Channel Island cast on; tried the Magic Loop cast on; knit socks on two circulars; mastered a one-row buttonhole; knit my first adult size sweater (Febuary Lady); and tackled some designing on my own. All in all a successful year for knitting.

There were lots of things on my needles throughout the year, mostly gifts for others or samples for the shop. I also designed and sold fun knitting accessories on my Etsy shop. I plan to do lots more of all these things in 2010.

Spring arrived with more snow than we had all winter and I managed to get a couple classes at the much-sought after Sock Summit, so I learned and knit lots of wee tiny socks for samples and give away before the big event. As summer approached so did the opportunity to go to Estes Park and see all the fun things at the Wool Festival. Also I got to ride a steam train on the Colorado/New Mexico border with my folks and the visiting from Germany, evil elf brother. It was breathtaking and historically fascinating.

I visited lots of Farmer Market days to have fresh basil and tomatoes for salads and fresh marinara. Got my first batch of Moo Cards to be used at Sock Summit, learned what to do with just a little leftover sock yarn, attended the big show at Sock Summit - WOW~! and attended every play of the season at the Butte Opera House in Cripple Creek.

By fall I was attending the Taos Wool Festival with some new friends I had met at Sock Summit and knitting like the wind trying to get all the holiday prezzies done in time.

I have to admit that keeping this blog has helped me to see what I have accomplished during the year and how much I have to be grateful for. And, as always, I had help from my favorite boy, Pedro, throughout the year to help me giggle and forget when things weren't good and remember that life can be full of yes if you just let it me.

I hope everyone is planning a great New Year. I know I have big plans for the year and will share them with you tomorrow. I have the list about done and will share those goals with all of you.

I found last year that it helped to make me more accountable if I knew that others had read it.

Happy New Year to all - may all your dreams come true!

Note: if you need a giggle - here is Simon's Cat doing SNOW ~ it is hysterical.

2 comments:

Cathy R said...

Awww, Simon's cat is so (snow) funny!!! That bird had it coming.

Cathy R said...

Oh, and your yearly summary is wonderful. I'm glad that you got to go back to Taos along with everything else last year.