Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!


I had a great birthday! I took myself to breakfast this morning to a little cafe I have wanted to try all year. It was yummy. And I shopped a great discount coupon at Borders. Then my folks came and we went to see Sherlock Holmes at the theater. Very interesting take on Holmes. In this version he is a cross between Holmes, James Bond and a Marvel comic hero mixed liberally with Dan Brown's symbology. I am going to rent the early Sherlock Holmes movies to see the contrast.

Then we went for early dinner at one of my favorite places, The Colorado Wine Shop in Cascade that makes the best buffalo burgers ever. It was great to spend the day celebrating with my loved ones. I also received fun cards from family members around the country and duck gifts from my truck driving brother.

All in all it was a great day. I hope everyone is having a great start to their New Year~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Hey! Happy Birthday!!!

It sounds like your day was a lot of fun.