Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Hats and Cowls on My List


Even though my holiday knit list is complete, I find I am knitting up "just a couple more" visor beanies and matching cowls. One set is for my mom, she picked out the yarn before Xmas so I am going to get this done for her right away because her list of IOUs from me is already too long.

I changed up the pattern just a little for hers because the yarn was knitting up so beautifully with the color changes that I wanted to see it with the garter short rows, seed stitch, plus a stockinette crown to finish, techniques. It is really something and I am going to add a beaded brim to it.

The yarn is Cascade 220 Painted in colorway 9826-Londonberry and it looks like grapes and leaves, very vintner I might say.

I am also being asked by several folks, commenters and emailers, what lace scarf patterns I am going to be attempting in the Ravelympics. Well, I have a pattern that I purchased through Knitpicks, with yarn to go with them, called Elizabeth I. It has three patterns within it and a story to go with each. I note this here however will not share who is getting them or the colors because some of you are very smart and can figure it out. You know who you are, don't look so innocent.

I hope that everyone have fun things they are pursuing this beginning of a new year!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

That is a really pretty hat!!