Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rewind!


Have you ever had a project that you really wanted to do in a particular way however got halfway and decided that it would not work out? I know, I have, more than once. This time it is Mom's scarf to match her visor beanie.

I really wanted to do it in the linen stitch, however the more I knit on it, the less I like it. So I am frogging it tonight and starting over on something I think will work better.

Here it is in the linen, now frogged and back on the needles for an attempt with the one-row stitch. And I had to design it in my mind to pattern stripe vertically. The pattern of this creates a stripe (not color, just pattern) and did not want it length-wise as I am currently doing in a scarf for a friend. So I had to gauge the scarf I am doing and determine how many stitches to cast on for the scarflette for Mom.

Now it is on the needles and I am liking better already. I hope everyone has an easy rewind if they need it~!

No comments: