Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Mitten: Decorated with Surface Embroidery


Once I got my first mitten done I realized that it was the perfect canvas for testing some embellishing techniques.

I found a drawing of the mitten you see in the picture and used is as a sketch document to design what I wanted to do with the mitten.

I found buttons to use for flower centers, as well as some theme buttons of cat and mouse. And I used beads for flower centers to give it some more visual interest. I used the darker color yarn to do the surface embroidery.

It was a fun way to spend an evening while I watched Post Grad (cute movie) and episodes of Bones.

I am already finding yarn and embellishments for my next one. I may end up with a matching pair from the yarn that was an unexpected gift from an unknown donor that came into the shop. This will be on display after Friday this week.

I hope everyone is finding new ways to express their creativity~!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Nice! I might decide to try that... what an inspiration :)