Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Update: Socks and Movies



I enjoy knitting while watching movies. Today I watched Seven Pounds and had to put down the start of the second Monkey sock so I could cry. Yesterday I took a break and went to see Julie and Julia. It was wonderful. I even went out and got the ingredients for the mushroom chicken dish they cooked and had that for dinner this evening. Yummy!

The first Monkey Sock is finished and the second one is on the needles for lunchtime knitting. Next project is to get to the ankle of the Prairie Boot we are knitting in class on Friday. I find that I have become very self-entertaining. I am trying to knit lots, watch movies and read the Julie and Julia book after I put down the knitting and finish my movie in the evening before I head off to bed.

Summer is coming to a close and I am looking forward to fall days, cooler temps, heavier knitting projects and making the Beef Bourgonion from the Julia Child recipe. I hope everyone is planning great things for the fall season!

3 comments:

Jax Bubis said...

Wow, Donna, you've been busy. I signed up at my local store for a sock class on 2 circular needles. Since I haven't done socks before it should be interesting.

I love that you mention Julia and Julie - sounds like right up your alley. And now you're knitting through a book and blogging. Cool.

Love you, Jax

Tabby said...

My dh and I watched 7 pounds last night also. I couldn't knit through it, though. Very bittersweet movie. I don't blame you for putting the knitting down for a bit! Great sock, btw!

Anonymous said...

You would have been the perfect person to see Julie & Julia with!

Those Monkey socks are talkin' to me!