Thursday, August 20, 2009

Have Your Cake and....

Since I have not referenced my Cook section in a while, I thought today might be the day. Especially since I found this picture and the story about it over at Baker's Banter, the King Arthur's Flour blog.

I am so impressed by the creativity and detail someone put into this piece. No wonder it won.

My cooking endeavors are getting fewer and fewer in frequency and here is why:


1. Cooking for one person is the pits.


2. See #1

My favorite recipes now include: ramen, meatballs and spaghetti, carbonara, salad, tacos, mini burgers on the George Foreman grill, tomato soup and grilled cheese. Egads! you'd think I was still in college.

However, with all that said, I have discovered a wonderful magazine - now discontinued in print however online, called Cooking for 2. It gives you the recipes and amount of ingredients to make small meals that will create a dinner and lunch for me. That is at least more reasonable.

So, my goal come fall weather it to try and do better about cooking for myself. Maybe if I prepare a menu for a couple weeks at a time and shop for everything, then plan to cook every other night I can accomplish a more interesting variety of meals for myself. It is worth a try.

Or I can just take up cake decorating (cupcake size) and "Let Me Eat Cake."

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Mmmmmm.... tomato soup and grilled cheese.

A true classic.

Thanks for the emagazine link - I can't wait to check it out!