Monday, August 17, 2009

Prairie Boot Update


The Prairie Boots from cocoknits started out looking like this, the sole knit from Patons Classic Merino held double. Next I added on the Patons Shetland Chunky held single and about 12 rows in I decided that it needed to be doubled as well.

So I frogged the top portion and began again at Friday's knit class where I was knitting it along with a student. She got hers to the add the next color for the top before we had to stop for the day.

It is a really fun knit. I will say that you do not need to add the second circular needle until further into the progress of the top of the boot. Once all the stitches are picked up and you start knitting from the heel all the way around then the real form of knitting on 2 circs will come into play.


Now I have made progress to the picked up stitches mid-foot and will be working the next section which is to get the heel parts going. I hope to it to the ankle portion by next class on Friday.

I am liking it better with the top yarn doubled as well. It will be a fun house shoe for those cold winter days that I get to stay home, watch movies, snuggle with Pedro, cook a delicious pot of soup and knit.

No comments: