Friday, August 14, 2009

Bilingual Sock Knitting



Today I took a mini class on knitting a sock on two circular needles. The method is described in Cat Bordhi's book, Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. It was published in 2001 and is the book prior to her bible of sock knitting, New Pathways for Sock Knitters.

The instructions are well written and clear on how to set up and knit socks on two circs. I have the first few rows on 12-inch Hiya Hiya needles and like the compact effect of these smaller circs. I have also ordered 16 inch length needles of the same brand to see if I like those. The book calls for 24-inch but I find that to be too much to fiddle with.

I understand that learning how to knit socks on different needles from dpns will make me bilingual. I will have to see if I can get that needle size in bamboo so if I want to take this type of project on the plane I can. Until then, back to learning a new language for sock knitting.

I hope everyone is learning something new and exciting!

No comments: