Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Things I Missed While in Portland


Sock Summit was very a busy time for me with five classes at the Convention Center and one downtown at Knit Purl. No matter, I tried to cram as much sightseeing into the none SS09 time that I could.

It seems fair to say that I did not succeed in completing my personal list of must sees that I had posted to Ravelry during my uber optimistic moments. Here are some fo the things that I did not accomplish:

Food carts like Rick's Wild Seafood came highly recommended and I was unable to find it in time for lunch. And in the same area was Voodoo Doughnuts that I had high hopes of a maple bacon bar.

Then there was the Aerial Tram that I made the command decision not to go to because the weather was gray and socked in with clouds the whole time I was there and I knew that I would not be able to get the picture of Mt. Hood that I wanted.

I did get to the zoo and the International Test Rose Garden however did not have time to go to its neighbor, the Japanese Gardens.

I rode by the Portland Saturday Market twice while it was in full swing, however was on my way to classes and could only gaze out of the MAX windows as we went by. It looked completely full of fabulous things and fun people.



And the one thing I really wished I had seen was, from what I have heard, an ad gimmick for an extreme sports event - Ducks in VW - pictures provided by the Knitmore Girls that happened upon the display when they were on their way to Powells's. This was a clever idea!

Oh well, I have plenty of reasons to make another trip to Portland in the near future. Besides all the sightseeing I did not get accomplished I also have plenty of knit shops to visit. Happy living to all!

1 comment:

Jasmin said...

It was so funny, we tripped across something TRULY "Portland" in our first three hours there. :)