Thursday, August 27, 2009

Prairie Boots Become Fodder


My mom is a huge Croc fan. She wears them everywhere and in all seasons. She especially likes her lined ones she wears in the winter as house shoes/slippers.


Recently, when I showed her my work-in-progress on the Prairie Boot, she tried it on and suggested a single weight idea that she can use in her non-lined Crocs as footed legwarmers.

I agreed that was doable and decided that this was a knit that needs to be in washable wool. I did some research on that kind of yarn and found, to my delight, superwash worsted wool from Brown Sheep - Lamb's Pride Superwash Worsted; and from Cascade - Cascade 220 Superwash.

I will be pursuing this idea next month after the Reversible Vest is done.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I am particularly fond of the Cascade superwash. It knits up like a dream and looks like a million dollars!!