Sunday, August 23, 2009

New on My Needles


Today I spent the majority of my time getting the Knit One Below Reversible Vest on my needles. I started and ripped out the cast on about 5 times before I had it the way I wanted it. This vest will be the casual version and in a size small because it is for a shop sample. I reasoned that if it is on display at the shop there is no reason to make it in my size because I won't get to wear it.

I really like this technique. Once you get the cast on and about two repetitions of the pattern going it is almost a mindless knit. You still have to remember where you are but you can "read" your knitting to know what is your next stitch.

This is one technique that you do not want to "tink" if you can avoid it. It can be done however it is not an easy thing to do correctly. My recommendation is: if you are in the early knit stages, frog it and begin again. And don't start a larger project until you have mastered the technique. And for a vest or other clothing item, do the recommended swatch. The technique knits up much looser than stockinette.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and have fun, new projects lined up for their week!

No comments: