Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sockapalooza: This is Footy Stuff!

Started out the day with a visit to the Marketplace to find the wonderful 3M tape that can be used to mark your place on patterns and charts, like using a much more reusable post it note.

I found it at Chappy's booth and had to buy a set of her wonderful sock blockers as well. Once I found it I took it around to those I had asked and they did not know what it was so they can order it for themselves.

Then I was ready to head downtown and look for the food cart that I had heard so much about, Rick's Wild Seafood, which I did not find as I ran out of time to get to my class at Knit Purl. The ladies there are wonderful and it was a real treat to meet and learn some stitch techniques from Judy Sumner. Her book is lovely and has interesting facts and history about the Japanese culture that includes the story about how and why karaoke was invented.


I hustled back to the convention center for my last class on short row heels with Chrissy Gardiner. Then I stopped in the marketplace to visit with a couple new friends before heading to the hotel to repack and get ready to head home.

I have really enjoyed my visit to the City of Roses and to worship at the altar of all things socks.

No comments: