Friday, August 21, 2009

It's All About the Feet


In my quest for all things related to knitted footwear I have discovered that it is not that easy to build a one size fits all.

My mother and I are debating between felted clogs and knitted Prairie Boots for holdiay gifts for my nieces. The difficulty, as with the spring sweater project, is what size do we make and there is no possiblility to see them during the knitting process to have them try them on.

So I have resorted to asking the parents to have the kids trace pictures of their feet and email them to me so I can do the measurements from that. I even asked my mom to do that so I can determine her foot size for the socks that I owe her (is it August already?)

So, with this in mind, I am working on socks and boots for future gifts. Warm feet and happy hearts, who can ask for more?

And while I am concentrated on all things feet, I am showing off and working on my first sock in progress on two circs. It is fun to show along side the second Monkey sock that is being knit on dpns, at this time on 4 plus 1 dpns.

So many patterns, methods and yarn, so little time.

I hope everyone has found fun projects to fill their time and add enjoyment to their lives!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love the socks! I really enjoy your blog. I've been lurking since getting back from Sock Summit, and finally wanted to say again that I am so glad I met you!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon- maybe at Taos!
Kim