Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Most Excellent Sock

My current progress on the my first Monkey Socks is: I am finishing the first sock and am at the toe decreases. I plan to have it on the new sock blockers from Chappy tomorrow for pictures.

I am really enjoying this knit. Cookie A writes a wonderful pattern. It is very easy to read and follow. I will be starting the mate to this sock tomorrow so that I have a car project for lunchtimes next week.

Since I purchased her new book, Sock Innovations, while in Portland, the plan is to attempt to knit those patterns in the order they appear in the book. And while I am at it, I will try to knit strictly by the graph instead of the written pattern. My thought is, it should be fairly easy since I used to cross stitch.

I hope everyone has fun plans for future projects in the works!

No comments: