Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cooking Sunday and "Why Didn't I Think of That?"

My Sunday has been all about what I got at the farmer's market yesterday. I brought it all home and staged it for processing because I was running back out the door to attend "Fantastiks" performed by Thin Air Productions at the Butte Opera House in Cripple Creek with my sister and the folks. We had a great time and the play was wonderful. It came complete with a huge, pounding hail storm about halfway through the second act.

My produce waited at home for me patiently until I decided to prep/process it all this morning while having my coffee. I cleaned and chopped the basil to freeze and used a bit of it fresh in Scrambled Eggs Caprese with pancakes for my breakfast. It was a mix of fresh from the garden cherry tomatoes my sister brought me yesterday, chopped basil, green onions and shredded mozzarella cheese. It was very tasty. Then I cleaned, chopped and ran through the blender the roasted chilis. They and the basil have been put into separate ice cube trays to freeze for use this winter when I am craving that taste in my spaghetti sauce or soup.



In the "Why Didn't I Think of That" I found a picture from a vendor at the Portland Market that sells these really cool metal sculptures made out of kitchen utensils. How fun are these?

I hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

twinsetellen said...

Scrambled eggs caprese?! That is genius. And I am going to put it on my menu for the coming weekend.

Cheers,
Ellen