Friday, April 23, 2010

Meet Me In St. Louis



That song ran through my head all day yesterday as I winged my way to this midwest city to join the group for Spring Fling with the Loopy Ewe. Fortunately for me, the volcanic ash cloud is wafting eastward from Iceland so the US airways are in the clear. Not so good for some of the gals who were planning to join us from "over the Pond".

My first class was with Wendy Johnson and we learned some fun things to do with leftover sock yarn. We learned how to make mitered squares to make into a lovely blanket. And I managed to make a curlique earring that works.

Then I learned some colorwork techniques from Gryphon (aka maker of Bugga Bugga yarn). The intarsia in the round will be something that I will put aside for when I am older. The piece I finished is modeled here by Loopy.

The photo class Sheri's husband Paul was very interesting and gave me some new ideas to try so I can get better pictures for my blog and Etsy shop.

All in all this has been a great day of new ideas, lots of knitspotting, and new things learned, plus lots of fun folks to share it with.

No comments: