Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day Two of the Fling



Today I had a free morning to visit, blog, knit and get ready for our trip to Loopy Ewe this afternoon. It is good thing that this was an indoor event because it has done nothing but rain and blow since I got here. It has been great to see the shawls on parade though which might not have happened if the weather had been warmer.





Our trip to Loopy was wonderful. The shop is fabulous and I have added some pics here.






We got back to the hotel to hear the news that St. Louis was under a tornado warning and that the sirens had sounded. We never saw anything to worry about but it was a blustery day.

The evening's entertainment was the infamous Loopy song, this year done to the tune of It's A Small World. The performance should be available on YouTube soon. It was hysterical. Then there were door prizes. I won the coolest prize, it is an Iris, the Gourmet Monster kit from Dangercrafts with Lorna Lace's Revelation yarn. She is going to be a big monster and I have plans to knit her duckfoot booties so she will fit right in to my duck pond group that live on my couch. Watch for the pictures soon.

And, afterwards, we were treated to cake balls. If you have never had them you are missing out. We knit and giggled until we were too tired and went off to pack for the trip the home in the morning. Time has gone too quickly.




And everywhere around us was Spring in the Midwest. I hope everyone has a fun-filled weekend going on~!