Friday, April 9, 2010

The Latest Creation


This week I have been knitting wildly to finish a twisted rib beret and matching handwarmers. The handwarmers are the first pattern that I will be offering at Ravelry for free. I think they are fabulous and take very little time and yarn to make a great pair that has interest and warmth.

This set is made out of Cascade 220. To do the set it takes two skeins of the main color and one of the contrasting color. There will be enough leftover to make a second pair of handwarmers.

This is my second knit of the beret and I used Hiya Hiya size 9 US in a 16 inch circular. It knit up like a charm. I blocked it using a dinner plate and it offers wonderful warmth without the hair mushing effect.

I hope everyone is finding great things to do~!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Very nice!!! You do beautiful work :)