Thursday, April 29, 2010

Challenge: Spoiler Ahead




Mom, if you are looking at this blog post, put it down, walk away from the blog. Don't Look, Ethel!!


Now, that the warning is clear, I can share the secret project I am working on for my mother. I came back from Spring Fling with a shawl stuck in my head. How did I get on the plane in that condition you ask, well, it was not easy.

I fell in love with the Mara shawl pattern by Madelinetosh. I saw at least three while I was there and all of them were lovely. Theivery crossed my mind briefly but then I came to my senses and realized I was in a room with lots of people who carry sharp pointy objects with them everywhere.

So I found the pattern online, for free even, and looked through my stash for something to use. I opted for light worsted in a washable yarn so it can be worn more often with less worry. I will not divulge the color here but will tell you that it will go with anything.

I challenged myself to having this done by Mother's Day - egads only 11 days from when I cast it on. So I added it to my project page at Ravelry and will be updating my progress every morning with the inches count. So far it is going pretty fast, however I realize that will slow down as it gets bigger.

I will post pictures soon. I hope everyone is enjoying their latest inspiration~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Good Luck! I finished my Mom's stole (not blocked yet, though) and have re-discovered my red lace sweater!!

I'm so in love with it, all over again.

I'm fickle, I guess.