Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wool Festival, Taos 2009

Another glorious fall day dawned in Taos. We enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel and headed out to the park to see what fabulous fibers we could find.

Wow, was is it busy. First stop was at Cat Mountain's booth. She is the owner of The Yarn Gallery in Alamosa and dyes her own yarn. Her booth was so busy we could not even get in to say Howdy. So I snuck around back to give her the big thumbs up sign and we wandered on down the line of vendors.


There was lots of angora rabbits there this year. And the Jabberwocky tent was there with their cashmere goat yarn. That stuff is hard to resist. We also found my favorite yarn dyers from Texas, Brook Farms and Plain & Fancy, respectively. Both were doing a land office business and it was worth your life to get into the tent.

We did the circuit of the park and then discussed which places we had to go back and try harder to get into. Both the Texas booths won out and we made the concerted effort to get in the door.

This time I was smart and had picked out the pattern before arrival so I knew what I was shopping for. I ended up with both yarn and mohair locks for the Prairie House Shawl and a matching headband where I can use the locks. It should be an interesting knit.

I headed home mid-afternoon so I could get ready to teach class tomorrow. As always I had a great time meeting some new folks and talking about all things fiber.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I'm so glad that you went again this year. Sounds like you had a great time!!!