Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween! May the Fright Be With You


Happy Halloween everyone! After our pre-Halloween blizzard, today was drop dead gorgeous. As I traveled to my activities I saw ghouls and goblins dressed up in their scary splendor including a couple walking their dogs dressed up as princess fairies (the dogs of course). It was hysterical.

My day was filled with less scary events than ghoulish. First up, I did have to do an early shop at the local WalMart where most of the employees were in costume, how fun is that. I needed the now difficult to find lingerie bags to use for felting the finished clogs. I did manage to find some after searching up and down the laundry aisle and then in housewares.

Then I was off to meet my client for a two-handed Fair Isle class. It was lots of fun and we got the hat project started. It will be fun to compare progress when we meet again in two weeks.

I stopped by Knitter's Kove to see how the new baby was doing. He was so cute dressed up in his skeleton costume. And then I went over to Green Valley Weavers and Knitters to participate in the hats for charity knitathon. They were doing vrything from chemo caps to preemie hats. It was a fun group of folks all knitting away.

Afterwards I came home to make chicken for dinner and watch scary movies - Van Helsing, Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice. The only hobgoblins I saw in my neighborhood were those dressed up to go to big kids parties. So I had no trick-treaters again this year. Oh well...



I hope everyone had a spooktactular Halloween!

No comments: