Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oh! The Weather Outside is Frightful


Now that I have everyone humming the song, what do you talk about when you run out of things? The weather. And, boy, do we have some of that today.

It started yesterday and did not look like it was going to do as much as predicted. When I started home I wished that it had snowed a foot because that would have been easier to drive on instead of the glaze ice that I was negotiating.

The happy hour entertainment was watching cars sliding sideways down the Austin Bluffs hill while I sat at the top, wishing there was another route to go home without hills. Oh well, 4-way flashers and a crawl got me to the bottom with no one hitting me as they fishtailed and swerved their way past me.

This morning does not look any better. Most school districts north and east have decided to close - smart move. And the major employers are on delayed start. The deceptive light layer of snow is covering the worst part - black ice.

I hope everyone is somewhere safe and warm, snuggled in with a hot drink, something fun to do and a fuzzy lap warmer!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I'm glad you made it home safely.

I spent the day under two blankets and two cats. I did some knitting on mom's shawl, but mostly I just read.

It was fabulous!!!!