Friday, October 23, 2009

Leave it to Ravelry - at the New York Wool


All the excitement this week in blogland is talk about the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY.

Last time I was in Rhinebeck, cough - 20-ott years ago, it was to visit the Air Museum .

I am thinking now I need to add Rhinebeck to my list of wool festivals to make the effort to attend. It looks like it is really big and full of fun things all fiber related.

Some of the reports are making me drool for fried artichokes, homemade chicken pot pie and maple sugar cotton candy.

When I saw this picture of the knitted Bob suit I knew that Ravelry had gone over the top. This pic is courtesy of the Classic Elite newsletter that landed in my inbox this week and I could not resist helping its circulation around the internet world. I understand that the following folks pictured here are: "Ysolda in her amazing handknit Bob suit, Hannah Fettig and Jessica, the co-founder of Ravelry."

The other big story from there seems to be the unofficial contest of how many pieces of handknit one person could wear to the event. It looks like it was really cold there.

This goes on the top of my adventure list for next year. Best start looking for a place to stay...

No comments: