Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What Did I Knit To - This Week

Most of my knitting is done in accompaniement to
something. It all started when I realized that I was not being productive during my TV watching time.

Once I got the hang of how to knit and watch TV, I was on a roll. Now I knit to favorite, oft-watched movies like National Treasure, and to all my Netflix choices. And to some TV shows, except Lost, because there are too many things you must see on the screen you cannot knit at the same time, so then I just knit during the commercials.

So, in honor of my version of multi-tasking, and entertaining myself, I will add this blog post to each week and share what I have been knitting to.

This week I have knitted to East of Eden with Jane Seymour, Faith Like Potatoes, Northern Lights, The Thornbirds, the first season of Castle, My Life in Ruins, Camomile Lawn, the first season of Brothers and Sisters and the first disc of season 1 of Bones.

When I commute to work I listen to audio books, which I leave on while I sit in the parking lot waiting to go in to work and knit, then when I go out to lunch. I bring my lunch and sit in the car with book and knitting for an hour. It is amazing how much knitting I can actually accomplish with this schedule during the week. The audiobooks that I have either finished or that I am listening to this past week are: The Doomsday Key by James Rollins and Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. Both are excellent and totally different from each other.

Stay tuned: there will be more next week.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

You are an inspiration to all of us.

I find such peace when I am knitting (um, as long as everything is going well), but I'm having a hard time getting home with enough energy to pick up the knitting.

I never got to finish Inkheart, and I didn't get home in time to copy the last four disks onto my computer. So, I've re-requested it.