Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nearly FO: Taos Shawlette

Finally! I am reaching the end of my skein of Plain and Fancy yarn that I bought at the Taos Wool Festival a year ago.

I tried a Simple Yet Elegant scarf pattern that I bought with the yarn several times and just could not get the instructions to speak to me. So I gave up on that and started the Eye of Partridge Shawl. While this stitch makes an incredible pattern, by the time I got 5 inches into it I realized that the gauge was not giving me the drapey effect I wanted. k

So I set the project aside for a bit to consider my next steps. I really wanted a shawlette/scarf to wear this winter and did not want to rip it out again. So I decided to continue with the same size needles and switched to seed stitch. It is working beautifully. And, I am happy to report, I am to the last few rows of the project as I am beginning to see the end of the skein.

Once I get it off the needles and blocked I will post a finished picture of it with measurements. Then I will be ready to start the next skein of yarn I bought at this year's festival. I will be considering the Eye of Partridge Shawl for another project in fingering weight however will be knitting a swatch on 8s and 9s before I decide which to use. The 7s produced a very solid fabric, too much so for this type of project.

I hope everyone finds fun ways to recreate their projects when necessary!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi Donna!!! I've only run into you going to your car on a windy day (really windy-and cold) a while back. How are you? and Your blog looks Great! I wrote on Sept. 4 date on your blog comment #2. I hope you like hearing from me once in a while. I have a job now (beginning stages) so I've been running to it for a while in the daytime. Pedro has looked so fluffy and handsome in the window! We see him only off and on tho. I found the cat's owner (that showed up at my door one day). Have a good day and month and don't be a complete stranger... :)