Sunday, October 11, 2009

Greetings from the Corner of Too Brisk and BRRR!


This weekend was great weather to stay indoors. Not only was it frigid in the cold category, it was also dangersous to set foot outside. The skiff of ice that covered everything starting Saturday morning was just enough to cause multiple accidents and make national news with a 60-car pileup on I-25.

I went out early on Saturday because my car was begging for an oil change. I found several fender benders in the just happened and happening stages on the Colorado Ave. bridge. At that time the city was on cold reporting, which was good, because all the law enforcement for the city, county and state was involved with the pileup and was not going to show up for mere fender benders.

I wended my way around the various dings and made it to the west side car shop I like for oil changes. Afterwards, the challenge was walking to my car and deciding which direction to go home that had the least dangerous bridge. I chose Uintah with the bridge over Monument Creek. All was fine and I finished with a quick grocery shop. The biggest problem then was getting the groceries in the house without falling down on the not-yet salted sidewalks at my apartment complex.

For the rest of the day I did my seasonal clothing change out and worked on finishing two visored beanies. Pedro spent most of the day curled up on his polar fleece blanket sleeping. I decided that this is the year to knit his felted kitty Pi bed. So last night I cast it on and got about 8 inches knit before bed. I hope to have it finished in time for this next weekend.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Sounds like you had a nice, productive, crash-free weekend.

I wasn't so productive, in fact. I think I managed three rows (maybe four)on Mom's stole.