Saturday, October 10, 2009

Taos Shawlette: Complete in Time for BRRRR!


I finished the Taos Shawlette, got it blocked, measured and ready to wear for my Friday Knit O Rama class. It was just in time for the much colder weather that has descended upon us from the north.

I really appreciated the lightweight warmth it provided. It makes a fun, babushka-style scarf to cover ears and top of head, then just wrapped around my neck so I can extend the wearing of my jewel-neck t-shirts through the fall.

This one did not turn out as big as I would want for a shoulder shawl, only 18x48 inches, so I will be making adjustments when I make the next one. Duckers was nice enough to demo it for me so I could get a picture to post here.

I like the effect of the different stitch patterns I used, starting with the Eye of Partridge, moving into seed stitch and ending with four or five rows of garter stitch.

I plan to get many wearings out of this first attempt. I hope everyone is finding fun ways to create wearable art.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Duckers doesn't look like he wants to give up the shawl... Did he fight you for it?