Friday, October 2, 2009

Scenes from the Southwest


The fabulous fall weekend started out cool and crisp as I headed south to Alamosa. I met up the gal who owns The Yarn Gallery there that I had met at Sock Summit. Her shop is above the main drag in the old Masonic building. She has a nice, airy space with a north facing exposure and lots of room for sitting and knitting.

Then I turned and headed south on Hwy 285 towards Taos. I found the earthship preserve on the west bank of the Rio Grande Gorge and tried taking some pics from the moving car. It does not do justice to the unique architecture that is going on there.


I met up with a friend from Crestone and her knitting group in Taos for wine and yarn tasting. We found supper items at Cid's and sat on the veranda of our hotel until just about dark, then we compared book reading likes and dislikes and knitting patterns that might be nice to add to the ever-growing queue.

Tomorrow is the big festival. From the looks of the tent tops in the park there should be lots to see in the morning. I hope everyone has fun adventures planned for this first weekend of October!

No comments: