Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Update: Termination Dust and Birthday Bash



Fall has arrived in mountains with the leaves changing very fast and about 3 weeks early. It was interesting to see how much more gold was showing in the trees on the drive to Cripple Creek on Saturday when we went to see the play Godspell at the Butte Opera House. The play was great and supper at the Colorado Grande was yummy.


By Sunday morning the Peak had a mantle of early snow, or Termination Dust, as we call it, signalling the offficial end of summer and portending the winter to come. The view is from the parking lot at Nuts and Bolts and taken when I arrived there for the big birthday bash.

The party was wonderful and the turnout more than they expected. There were make and takes in progress. I had needles and yarn for knitting practice and lots of sample to look at. I met the new knitter that won my Knit O Rama class and we discussed what kind of project she would like to work on.


There was lots of fun new fabrics and displays to look at and the cake was beautiful as well as delicious.





I got pictures of spontaneous modeling of some of my samples. And one of a freshly finished quilted piece called Mojo Rising Out of the Pumpkins that was made for tribute of someone's favorite cat, Mojo Rising.


I also had to take pictures of someone's award winning dolls that were brought in to display.


All in all it was a great day with lots of well wishes for continued success for Woodland Park's premier quilting with other crafts store.

2 comments:

Cathy R said...

That cat quilt is adorable!!

And I love the play Godspell. Hope it was enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

I so love being a favorite...