Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Smoke Haze Knitting

This is what it looked like at my house at sunset yesterday evening. It was really murky, grubby air looking around here with the smoke haze coming in from the BIG fires in California.


Even though the weather was cool I did not open the windows when I got home, just turned on a little AC to stir the air, did not want to bring that grunge in the house. I really feel sorry for those having breathe that stuff in CA.


Pedro begged to go outside and did not really like the air either, just laid and looked around for a few minutes before I said he had to come back in the house.

He thinks he is the king of his domain on his concrete version of Pride Rock. In reality, he never gets off his leash to prowl outdoors and does not realize that he is a cat.



Once we came back in and got settled for the evening I picked up the Reversible Vest and made some more progress on the right front of the project. As the picture shows it has been divided into the parts that you have to knit.

The front sections go very fast because you are only knitting across 25 stitches for the small size. The back will take a little more time because it is over 41 stitches.

I plan to use a three-needle bind off on the shoulder seams with the seam showing in two colors to add a little more interest to it.

Once you get the pattern technique down, this is a very relaxing knit. I can hardly wait to try it on a hat and some handwarmers for myself.

I hope everyone is finding fun ways to relax!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Pedro really is an elegant gentleman, isn't he.

Purrcy just kind of sprawls out when he lies down.