Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Knitting Nemesis: One-Row Buttonhole


For the last couple of weeks I have been struggling with accomplishing a buttonhole for the Prairie Boots by CocoKnits. The pattern is great, well-written, however it uses a two-row buttonhole that I find to be sloppy. Granted, in the heavy fabric of this boot it will not be that noticeable, but I wanted a neater, cleaner look.

Yesterday at my Knit O Rama class, the gal that is making the Prairie Boots and I tried again from the instructions that I had found at Knit Picks for the one-row buttonhole and we still had problems with it.

I had seen Lucy Neatby do this buttonhole on her Knitting Essentials 1 video. I had looked all over the Internet to find a version but until today had not been lucky. I finally found one at YouTube and practiced along with it to be sure it works. It does! and here is where you can find The one-row buttonhole.

One more knitting nemesis conquered. My weekend is going good now. I hope yours is as well.

2 comments:

Cathy R said...

I'm glad you figured out the buttonhole thing.

I REALLY love the Prairie Boots.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)