Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Update: FOs = Flying Objects and Finished Objects

I had the free entertainment in my yard this weekend at least one morning. The Annual Balloon Festival was fogged out for two mornings, but tomorrow they got to fly. It was a beautiful lift off around 8 a.m.

And one even landed in the parking lot across the fence from where I park. It was a colorful morning with crisp temps, reminding me that Fall is on the way.

With fall comes more knitting and cooler mornings for the Pirate Prince and I to spend some time on the porch. I take my coffee and a book out while he explores his world from the end of his leash.



This morning he watched all the balloon activity from behind his favorite bush. Then talked to the little birds that were flying around the yard.

In the afternoon I worked on finishing the shop samples that I want to have on hand for the birthday bash this weekend. These samples include the Reversible Vest and the Prairie Boot. I am also working on an Earflap Hat with Cables and a Hat in the Flat for display.


I also worked on some beading projects and planned some marketing for my Etsy shop. Otherwise it was a labor-free day.

I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

Cathy R said...

LOVE the pic of Pedro behind the bush. How "sneaky".

I sure wish that Fall would hit up here. Very tired of the heat. Relatively speaking, of course. It is in the 80's now, but still..

twinsetellen said...

Wow, that balloon behind the house is kind of intimidating. No wonder the kitty hid behind a bush!

I can't wait to see that vest finished. The fabric looks just gorgeous.