Friday, September 25, 2009

FO: Visored Beanie is "Really Hip"



Last night I put the final touches on the visored beanie hat sample. It was a fast knit and turned out really cute. I knit it out of Vanna Baby Choice and from the pattern "Reasonably Hip" from the blog A Mighty Good Yarn. I found it through Ravelry.

It is very well written. I will be making one for me this week and trying a larger size. Duckers was nice enough to model it for us and he waves Hi in one pic to let you know he is really under there.

These beanies would make very good charity giveaways as described by the Yarn Harlot from her 2009 calendar on September 22nd. She says that "knitting lends itself ... well to the concept of microcharity." Instead of knitting up a bunch to give to a group to hand out, just knit a few and have them with you so when you see someone that looks like they need a hat you can it directly.

This idea reminds me of the backpack I gifted to a panhandler in Portland in August. I had just replaced the bag with one that better suited my knitting needs and had no plans to haul it back on the plane with me, so when approached by someone asking for a money handout I offered the backpack instead. I think that was more appreciated than any coins I could have offered - which is not my style anyway.

I hope everyone has fun projects on their list!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

And he wears it so well! lol

Great work - Thanks for sharing!