Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update: Visor Beanie on My Needles



I am knitting it with Vanna Baby Choice in Sweet Pea green. As of this morning, I have into the decrease rows at the top. It is a fun knit and the seed stitch patterning for the top of the hat gives it a bulkier look.

I am interested in the brim construction and attachment process. The one size fits all is not going to work for me. It is knitting up to a 19" circumference which is too tight for a hat that I will wear. This one will make a good shop sample.

I will be doing some adjustments to the one I make for myself. At least I have a gauge to work with from this one. On 7s I knit this 4 stitches to the inch. I can either adjust it by knitting it on a size 8 or add 8 stitches to the cast on (have to remember to keep it an odd number because of the seed stitch).

Otherwise this is a fun knit. I hope everyone is working on something that they find exciting!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Is it wool? Would a good soak and block help fix the "fit" situation???