Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camp Loopy 1 - Update


I finished the capelet version of Summer in the City on Monday morning, in time to soak and block it before BBQ.


I did this to do a final test of the gauge before I cast on the poncho version that will be over 400 yards to knit.

I wanted to be sure that I had the correct size before I put all the time and yarn into it. It is a fun knit and goes pretty fast if you plan ahead and have circular needles with a really smooth connection. I started this one with a Bryspun acrylic set and found out the hard way that it was a bad plan. When I switched to the larger cable length in Knitpicks nterchangeable, I realized the importance and went looking for the 16-inch one to start the next version on. I think it will make a big difference. If you are a tight knitter this will be a good lesson in consciously loosening your stitches.

More updates to come on the next version of this pattern. Until then, Happy Knitting~!

No comments: