Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Malabrigo Rios


The ruffled scarf pattern that I found at Fringe in Salida turned out fabulous. It was knit with Malabrigo Rios in Archangel. I modified it to be just a necker that can be pinned to fill in at the neck opening of my winter jacket.

With the leftovers (74 yards) I managed to make a pair of handwarmers in a different fashion. They start with a band of garter ridges then move down the hand with a reverse thumb gusset. These knit up very fast and are super comfy to wear.

When I got to the hanwarmers I could not decide how I would be able to get them the same. So I knit the two garter bands first, then divided the leftovers into two balls. That way I could just knit the rest of the hand and when I ran out of yarn, that is how long they would be. I used the Stretchy Bind Off found at this link. It turns out nicely. Note: allow a little extra yarn because it seems to take more.

Two more projects off the needles (okay, this pic shows about 6 more rows to knit on the last handwarmer, but by the time you read this, it is done as well) and on to other things.

No comments: