Monday, May 7, 2012

Venturing Down the Toe-Up Highway

This is my first attempt at toe-up socks. I took a class in the magic loop toe up cast on at Sock Summit and a class in heels for toe-up there as well, but did not follow through with actually knitting a sock toe up.

Once I found this pattern mentioned on the Craftsy newsletter this weekend I could not pass up the opportunity to try them. I went shopping in my stash and found two skeins of Apple Laine yarn in Apple Pie in Funny Girl, a wool, silk, nylon blend. I decided that it had been languishing long enough and was ripe for the picking.

As of this morning, I am halfway up the first foot. It is a fun knit, with a different version of sole - done in reverse stockinette. I will be reviewing this technique later when I have the first sock done to compare which way I like better.

I think the technique sock knitters use is about what they prefer not what is better or worse than the other choices. Just saying~!




No comments: