Saturday, May 19, 2012

Learning - The Russian Join


I am so excited to be learning a new technique. It is the Russian Join. We discussed it at the Knitting Retreat this year and I realized that I had never tried it as a way to join yarn in a project.

So, as I ran out of the first skein of Amazing in my new shoulder cozy project, I tried to do the join. First, I looked at the printed instruction, then I looked online for a video. Here is the link to the one I used - it is a good one.

I have now joined two skeins into that project that way and I love it! It looks like it will work for most yarns. I might hesitate to use it on pure acrylic but won't negate that until I have the opportunity to try it.

Next time you have the need to join yarns together, try this and let me know what you think. Until then, Happy Knitting~!

No comments: