Saturday, July 31, 2010

OTR - Local Touring (IMBY) - Cliff Dwellings





Today was my folks wedding anniversary and we decided that this was the day to go visit a local touring spot that they say they have driven by for 28 years and not stopped in to view.



It was a beautiful day to do it, not to hot or cold. It was some walking and not much of it flat. The gift shop is the largest I have seen, filled with beautiful and fun things.




This spot has been here and open to the public since the early 1900's. Up until 1984 the natives of the area still lived onsite and performed their dances each day. Now there are dancing demonstrations in the evenings during certain times of the year.

This is well worth the time to visit if you are in the area.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

That looks like a fun place to spend an afternoon. My family and I went to Mesa Verde once. I've been meaning to go back sometime. Not in the summer though. The time we went my shoes LITERALLY melted while walking across the parking lot!!!