Friday, July 16, 2010

Samples: Knit and Delivered




I finished all the samples for my fall quarter classes. I tried to mix it up with new techniques and simple construction projects. On the list are mittens, a braided technique for a scarf, twined knitting and mitered squares.

The mitten class will be a jumping off place for anyone who wants to do fingerless mitts or gloves and I will be providing a hybrid pattern that offers the fingerless option with a mitt cover. That gives you more flexibility in more ways than one.

The twined knitting is a wonderful way to learn an old technique from Sweden. It is easier than it looks, I promise. The braided technique will awe your friends and family. It is worth having in your arsenal of skills for future scarf projects.

I hope everyone is planning on learning new things this fall~! I know I am.

No comments: