Saturday, July 24, 2010

De-Cluttering Commenceth


I must obviously be a Crazy Aunt Purl follower. First the gloves and now the idea that I MUST de-clutter my house to find my sanity. I know I left it here somewhere but just can't find it.

Usually I try to do all of it at once, this time I realized that it would take away weekend knitting time if I did that so I limited my de-clutter activity to four hours each morning with time left for regular weekend chores: laundry and food prep; and knitting/movie watching.

That plan almost worked until I realized that I had spent six hours cleaning, de-cluttering and reducing my bedroom and walk-in closet. I did finally call it a day around 3 p.m. and took a well-deserved knit break. In that time I had created a much neater and cleaner space, plus had 5 bags for Goodwill donation.

I still have to do the clothing reduction but I think that can wait until fall when I change out my summer wearables for the winter stuff. I am really pleased with my efforts and will be going after my kitchen this coming weekend. That should be very interesting. I have things in there I have not seen since I moved in four years ago. If I don't use it, it is going out the door. Just because I have cupboard space does not mean have to fill it.

A big thank you to Laurie to reminding me I should be living more simply. And I hope everyone is finding ways to recycle, reuse, and reduce by donating anything that no longer fits their lifestyle~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Oh, me too!!! It has been very satisfying to tackle the upstairs. I'm making grand progress too. I've also decided not to do it all at once, but just a little bit at a time. I didn't see a lot of results at once, but then, all of a sudden, things started looking really great!!

Good luck with the kitchen.