Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not So Secret: Socks



During my de-cluttering of the bedroom I discovered a bag of yarn (imagine that) with a note stuck in it that said: I Owe Mom Socks. It had enough yarn for two pairs that we have collected or I gifted to her over the last (dare I admit it?) two years.

Obviously, it is time to fulfill that promise. So I cast on six days ago for the first sock on tw0-circs. I have completed that sock as of this morning and will be having her try it on today when I see her, just to be sure of the fit.

Then it is on to the second sock. I really like knitting with the Soxx Appeal because it has elastic in it. The only thing I had to be careful of was not to pull too tightly when I made a stitch so not to overstretch the yarn. It made a very nice sock knit on a size 2US.

I hope she likes them. They should keep her warm this winter and be wearable with her Crocs if she wants to wear them that way.

I hope everyone is discovering fun, new projects to work on~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

Those are nice socks. Your Mom will have toasty toes all winter!!