Sunday, August 1, 2010

What I Knit to During July


July has come and gone, more quickly than I realized, and I have done lots of knitting. I went on a vampire binge during the month and was entertained by the following: In the car I listened to the audiobook version of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It was brilliantly produced with a variety of voices, almost like being at a play or a radio show. It is a great book and I highly recommend it.

Also in the car, I read The Passage by Justin Cronin, this summer's hot read and came highly recommended by Stephen King, the master of all things horror, on my Nook. I really enjoyed this book and can hardly wait for the next piece of the trilogy set to publish in 2012.

For the evening TV events I watched the one and only season of Moonlight, about a vampire PI with a moral high ground in regards to his eating habits. It was lots of fun, sorry it was cancelled after a very short run. I also got to see True Blood Season 2. That is such a fun show, sometimes I wish I had cable so I could see it on HBO. Will wait patiently for season 3 to be released to DVD. It takes them a long time to do that from HBO, I think I waited a full year to get my hands on Season 2.

In the non-vampire theme, I started watching The Gilmore Girls and really like this show. Thank goodness, there are several seasons out on DVD so I will have lots of watching for a while.

I like to keep a wide-variety of entertainment options available to accompany my knitting. It keeps me busy and engaged. I hope everyone found fun things to do and see during their July~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

I love True Blood!! I recommend the following to you:

Birds of Prey: TV series on DVD, only one season made, but well done. Batman's little girl is all grown up!! (tee hee)

Book: Endymion Spring - I just started it, but think you will like it - kind of Inkheart/Harry Potter esque. But more historical. I'm really enjoying it.