Thursday, March 25, 2010

What I Knit To


This week it was all about getting shop samples completed and ready to deliver, and getting the April issue of my newsletter, Knitting Tidbits ready for distribution.

I got all those things done while watching and listening to the following: first up I got to watch Amelia and Up In the Air - both movies are about flying. One about flying to prove it can be done, one to escape needing roots while disrupting those who believed they had roots. Both are great movies.

I also got to watch Accidental Husband, Grey Gardens and The Fourth Kind. All were interesting and fun in their own right. I have also managed to read a chapter or two while knitting, just have to weight down the book and stop knitting to turn the pages.

In the car I finished The Time Travellers Wife (WOW) as my lunchtime reading and started The Daily Coyote.

The Colonnade Shawl is finished, blocked and ready to go to the shop. I made progress on the Sea Lettuce Scarf sample that I knit with and without beads.

This scarf is a fun knit and will make a wonderful travel project. Word to the wise, knit it on size 2 US 16" circular because it will be easier to keep it on the needles, especially if you want to make it a portable project.

It is a very easy pattern to memorize once you get past the wedge section. It gives you plenty of practice making picots. This sample is knit on the Deborah Norville Serenity Garden yarn.

I hope everyone is finding fun ways to pursue their passions~!

No comments: