Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


He was one of my favorite authors growing up. My mom's "favorite" book was Green Eggs and Ham. She read it so many times that I think she crinches now when she hears the reference.

One year, not so long ago, my siblings and I thought it would be a hoot to give her a fresh copy of the book for Mother's Day. I am glad she has such a good sense of humor. I think that we even made her breakfast utilizing some key food colors.

This year I am going to knit a pair of striped gauntlets from the Cat in the Hat color scheme. I will call them peppermints but we will all know what they really mean. :-0
I hope everyone has reason to celebrate today~!

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

"One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish" was required reading for my graduate marine fisheries course.

Good times. That was one of the few books that I had read for the semester, given that one of my part time jobs was baby sitting.