Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Bead"gin Again



One of my Ravelypic events was the Bead-alon. The plan was to get the first half of the Shell Fringe Beaded Scarf knit so I could use it as a demonstration. I have had the supplies for this scarf for over two years now and it kept getting put to the bottom of the list.

I did not get it done during the Olympics, however started it on March 1st and had done the first section through the "when you run out of beads, put that section on a holder and start the other" part and discovered that I did not have enough beads to do this scarf correctly.

I went back and read the pattern for the umpteenth time to see if I could find where I had gone wrong. The pattern calls for "one hank of 6/0 seed beads" and one half goes on each side. Nowhere in the pattern does is say how many beads of that size are in a hank.

After some research I discovered that a hank of beads in that size usually is 2100-2400 beads. I think that I had about 1000 total. Oops~!

So, I left the eight inches of pretty on the needle and took it to the shop for now. And I got some more beads for the yarn that mom had picked out for hers and have strung the first half with the correct number of beads and will be starting that one this weekend. More about that to follow.

I hope everyone is finding easy answers to their mystery questions~!

1 comment:

Jax Bubis said...

I recognize that scarf. Blogged about making 4 of them for Christmas presents. They're really fun to make. My favorite was dark navy yarn and clear/silvery beads.

At some point I want to make one for me :)