Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Heralding Spring: The Glimmer of Green

The air is feeling a bit warmer, the trees are starting show a hint of budding leaves, the birds are everywhere, the squirrels are leaping and chasing each other, and the daylight is getting longer. All the things that tell me that Spring is on its way.

I am rummaging about changing out my heavy winter wear for lighter and brighter clothing. I unpacked my flip flops last night and tried on my first, finished flip flop sock aka pedicure sock and it is knit out of shades of green, how appopriate for spring.

The pattern is from Patons Kroy Stretch Sock yarn. I made these out of Knit One Crochet Too Soxx Appeal yarn in Oceania that I only had one ball of, so I knit it with a short cuff to try to get a pair out of this ball. So far, so good, I have started the second sock today.

These are fast to knit because I am using size 3 US needles over 56 stitches. I think I will try the smaller size next time because of the stretchy yarn these seem a little loose using the larger size. These will be fine for what they are intended - Spring Fling.

I hope everyone is enjoying the first hints of the reawakening of Spring~!

Note: March left here like a blustery lamb.

1 comment:

Cathy R said...

What adorable flip-flop socks!!

My most recent pair of socks has informed me (emphatically) that it actually wants to be a pair of fingerless mitts.

Who am I to argue with the sock yarn??

Happy Spring! I owe you a major email...