Thursday, March 18, 2010

What I Knit To and Worked On


This week I worked on my new top down wrap cardi from Knitting Pure and Simple. It is a fabulous knit. This first one is being done on Lion's Brand Wool Ease.

I have divided for the sleeves and am about 12 inches into it. The finished length is somewhere around 23-27 inches depends on how it looks when I get to that point.

I really liked the increases used in the raglan section. They are the kf&b and make a lovely braided effect in the fabric, so no gappy holes. The next one I make will probably be in Berrocco Vintage Wool in Sloe Berry, pictured here. After that the ultimate goal is Dream in Color Classy in Dusky Aurora, but that is for a more flush pocketbook time.

I also knit on the beaded scarf, a hooked bead scarf beginning for a child and the Colonnade Shawl.

While I was knitting I listened to audiobooks for lunchtime knitting: Bitteroot by James Lee Burke and started The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I understand from several folks that you had to read that book before you see the movie, sort of like Angels and Demons. I am about halfway done and keep thinking how in the world did they manage to make a movie. It will be interesting to see it when I am done with the book, which is excellent, by the way.

In the evening I knit to several movies, lots of movies, some from Netflix and the rest from the library: Cutting Edge, Good Luck Chuck, Girl with the Pearl Earring, Perfume, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Enchanted, and Season 4 of Bones.

Have I ever told you how much I love my Netflix prescription, er, I meant, membership? It is the best thing I do for myself every month. I get to see such a variety of film that keeps me engaged, wondering, in awe of the creative ideas of others.

I hope that everyone is finding wonderful ways to be entertained~!

No comments: