Monday, March 15, 2010

Harlot-Inspired: A New Wearable for Me


More than once in my blog reading I come across ideas from other people's knits. This is no exception to that rule. The Yarn Harlot shared her favorite sweater pattern, the Top Down Wrap Cardi from by Knitting Pure and Simple, in her March 4, 2010 post, and I had to have it.

First step was to lay my hands on the pattern. Since it is not offered as a PDF download anywhere I had to go to the shop locator and hope that one of my LYS' carried it. Luck! Green Valley Weavers and Knitters had a copy.

I found that I had yarn to knit a test one and I cast it on this weekend. After one false start caused by how I was reading the pattern, I am now about 20 rows from dividing out for the sleeves.

I am excited about having a general use sweater that can be used year round where I live. I am knitting this first one out of Lion's Brand Wool Ease in Blue Mist, a lovely color for blue jean wear.

My ultimate goal is to knit one in Dream in Color Classy in a purple combo, the one pictured is Pansy Golightly. The yarn is handpainted and the variegation is muted so the colors just flow into each other. A wonderful look when it is knit up.

I hope everyone is finding new things to be excited about~!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

I had the same reaction when I read the Yarn Harlot's blog about the cardi-I love the Pure and Simple patterns and it was refreshing to hear that the Yarn Harlot appreciates their simplicity also :) I haven't had the time to pick up the pattern this week - but soon! I will be wanting to see pictures of your progress.....curious as to how the woolease works with this cardi.
Cindi